Sunday, February 25, 2007

Goodbye Kitchen

Top units came of easily...the bottom were a little bit harder!

It looks lighter in there already with the white bits that were behind the units.

Piles of tiles.

Paul working hard.

This bit is still there - next Saturday's project.

Looking lovely in goggles.

It went fairly well, but we still have not been able to work out how to turn the water on! So we didn't want to take the sink out yet until we work out if the supply to the kitchen is cut off. Sometimes I feel that we are doing really well other times I feel that we are totally out of our depth. I know we will be fine though.

Paul had fun with a new electric screwdriver. Well, he did once I rescued him and put it together properly. Instructions are just a bit of paper that gets in the way!

1 comment:

Martin said...

I've been there with the kitchen malarky, my new flat had a hideous kitchen I had to strip out. The wall units were simple-ish, except for the fact they were glued, nailed, sealed and screwed in about 4 billion different ways.

The base cabinets were similar, except more. More glue. More nails. More screws. I ended up thumping the lot with a sodding huge hammer.

Nothing quite like the satisfaction of getting rid of it all though, blood loss be damned!